Monday, 26 November 2012

Low, and I mean REALLY low, budget Christmas gifts for him.

This year DH has bought himself an electric guitar both for Christmas and his birthday (which are almost at the same time), so I am not allowed to spend on Christmas presents for him.

On this low, really low, budget, this is what I've come up with...

If I have time, I have an old beige-ish skirt and grey winter shorts that could turn into a funky cap following this pattern :













I've found lots of inspiration on Pinterest :

I really want to make that one.




And I've got the fabric, a soon-to-be recycled blue laundry bag that DH was going to give to the charity shop, and a piece of fabric I found in our charity shop! In a blue shade too. All I need is find something that will act as 'gripping fabric'... Any ideas?

I won't make handkerchiefs but squares of a soft fabric (found in the remnants bin of a fabric shop for 60 p) to clean spectacles.

Again, if I have time!



This :












And this, I will definitely do :





Finally, I have done DD1 and DD2's portraits, so I would like to do DS now (and one day DD3 too!).




You can find links for most of these ideas on my Pinterest profile, http://pinterest.com/mothergoutte/


Copyright 2012 MotherGoutte



2 comments:

  1. Once I go on Pinterest I'm on there for hours!

    I have no words of wisdom on anything crafty I'm afraid, but your sketches are gorgeous!

    I think a lot of people are taking the frugal route this year....but homemade stuff is so personal and treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I had the inspiration, time or creative flair for even one of these! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete