Monday, 19 November 2012

My Mum's paupiettes

I felt like sharing a recipe today. So here is one of my Mum's specials, ideal to cook in advance if you're planning to entertain and just warm up while you're having drinks with your guests!
 

For 6 :
6 turkey or veal steaks
500g/1lb Sausage meat
2 x tinned tomatoes
1 cup Red wine
2 or 3 cloves Garlic
Seasonning

Roll some sausage meat into a turkey or veal steak and tie with cooking string. In a hot pan sear the 'paupiettes' on all sides. Add the tomatoes, wine, garlic (chopped) and seasoning. Cook for at least one hour on low heat or in a slow cooker.

Voilà!

3 comments:

  1. Now, that sounds like something even I could do! What would you serve it with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to serve rice as it nicely soakes up the sauce but you can serve anything you like!

      Delete