Monday, 18 February 2013

Baking - Monday club



I just love how DS is concentrating on breaking eggs to put into his cake mixture. He's really good too!

Funnily enough he doesn't actually like cakes, but since I've bought a doughnuts tin and we put some of the mixture in it he likes eating his 'cake doughnuts'! It's a nice thing to do while his older sisters are at school and they get fairy cakes for school pick up.

It's strange... I don't remember enjoying doing that as much with his older sisters... Maybe I have a more relaxed attitude to the mess ensuing and the edible state of the finished product. Maybe he listens more. Maybe the circumstances are more favourable (when DD1 was 4 her sister was 2 and wanting to join in and when DD2 was 4 I had a newborn).

Whatever it is, it's a time to enjoy!

I'm linking up with Sarah Miles' Monday Club

2 comments:

  1. Breaking the eggs is the absolute fav thing for my kids, but they usually explode albumen and shell everywhere! Lovely picture and sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's quite the highlight of making a cake isn't it?!

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete