Monday, 11 February 2013

Monday Club : Sweet Dreams




DB is now 16 months, just between leaving babyhood and becoming a toddler, although she actually doesn't show that much inclination for walking! I just love that stage of duality, of baby cuddles and first words, first steps, flashes of her evolving personnality.

She still wants to be held a lot and doesn't like me leaving her but shows independance in wanting to climb the stairs hersef, rather than being carried, insisting on eating on her own, spoon and fork at hand (she's even quite good at using them) and drinking from an open cup. She very much plays on her status of being the family's baby where her brother and sisters are concerned but will very well defend herself if I am not around andalready shows signs of wanting to boss them around.
It's just fascinating and highly amusing to observe her.
And she's still very cuddly, ready to laugh and delightfully excited when Daddy comes home.

This picture of her just perfectly portrays this stage,  I think. She had fallen asleep while feeding and eating a lolly pop! Sweet dreams, litterally :)

6 comments:

  1. I think the baby of the family will always be the cuddly one - is that nature or nurture?! My baby is like that too and he's 8 now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous piccie! My littlest just turned 3 and is leaving toddlerhood behind, which is great on the one hand, but I shall miss her talking toddler which I find so, so endearing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is ! I'm looking forward to DB talking.

      Delete
  3. Oh she's a wee cutie pie- it's amazing how fast those days whizz by- my baby's nearly three already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes they do whizz by, I can't believe her brother will be going to school in September!

      Delete