Saturday, 2 February 2013

Photo of the week: Pancake!

When I was little pancakes were sometimes a treat for our 'goûter' at around 4 o'clock. Then we had tea at 8.30. But with our children we've adopted the 5 o'clock teatime so they don't have a big afternoon snack like we did.

In our house pancakes are a regular meal. We have them with ham and cheese, bacon, sausages, anything really. The little ones are generally quite quick to switch to jam and chocolate spread!
I once tried to make pancakes for a 'goûter', my children didn't understand at all and thought we were having an early tea!

Pancakes were also a popular stall at school and village fetes. I remember being in charge of such a stall in my school when I was maybe thirteen our fourteen. Fond memories!


6 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. I love pancakes. on holiday in Greece I had the most gorgeous pancake with chocolate and strawberries! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate and strawberries sound very nice! There are many 'creperies' in France, sometimes the choices on offer for different sweet pancakes are just mind blowing!!

      Delete
  2. Oh now I want Pancakes!!!! We adore pancakes in this house.....*goes off in the hunt for pancake mix*

    Thank you so much for linking up with Photo of The Week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL

      I think my children get a bit tired of them sometimes! But it's such an easy tea.

      Thanks a lot for hosting. Must remember to grab the badge!

      Delete