Monday, 22 April 2013

Cabin fever



With the rubbish weather we've had for months now there has been an increasing feeling of cabin fever in our house at the week-ends. Tired and impatient parents, fractious children. 

I find that there is so much you can do to try and boost everyone's spirits. There comes a time of the year when you just need sunshine! 

Finally, finally, the sun came the week-end just past and it was brilliant. We went for a pub lunch, in the pub's garden, we had ice creams fromt he local deli, we went to the park, and back home the children spent more time outside in the garden.
DB has discovered a passion for our small sandpit and everything that's outside in general. Although it's time consuming to be in the garden overlooking her sand intake (!) it's also lovely to sit in the sunshine with a book and a cup of tea, and it makes such a difference in everyone's mood!



11 comments:

  1. Yes, all those things and made ​​my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So refreshing to see the sun wasn't it? It also helps everyone sleep better with some fresh air inside them I think. Our house was also looking a tad like the picture! Did you draw it? It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, they sleep better too, don't they?
      Yes I did, thought it was time that I used my pencils again and did some drawings for my blog!
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. It's amazing the difference a bit of sun can make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed! I'm just making the most of it at the moment before it goes cold and wet again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sunshine, good book and a cup of tea - sheer heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your drawings! Although I am slightly concerned You've been peering in my living room window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Lol ! As my daughters would say "Ta ta taaaa..." (on mysterious, what's going to happen, tone) :)

      Delete