Friday, 12 April 2013

Lullaby...

Last March a well known and much loved member of the blogging community lost her little Matilda from SIDS. Since then Jennie has been sharing in heart breaking honesty how much she loves and misses her baby.

Yesterday she wrote :

"I am really struggling to write tonight.
I wrote a lot over the last two days for The Lullaby Trust.
And then today, as a strange baby insisted on toddling towards me whilst out for lunch, I just broke down."

The Lullaby Trust of which Jennie talks was formerly known as FSID and is dedicated to supporting families who suffered the loss of a child and advancing the research to prevent SIDS.
Along with other bloggers I am writing this post to celebrate the Lullaby Trust's new identity and I wanted to share this beautiful lullaby written by Gilles Vigneault. I have tried to translate it, I just hope I haven't messed it up too much!

Berceuse pourJulie

Le nuage est au gré du vent
Et la feuille au gré du courant
Ton coeur parle du temps qui fuit
Sur les eaux de la nuit
Comme au gré de l’amour, l’Enfant
Le nuage est au gré du vent

Reste encore un peu dans mes bras
Quelqu’un vient qui t’éveillera
En parlant d’ailleurs et d’amour
Il est tout alentour
Dans ton coeur, c’est son pas qui bat
Reste encore un peu dans mes bras

Berce-moi dans ton rêve encore
Tes chemins sont tout près, dehors
Tes jouets garderont nos jeux
Je jouerai avec eux
Une étoile s’allume au nord
Berce-moi dans ton rêve encore

Le nuage est au gré du vent
Et la feuille au gré du courant
Ton coeur parle du temps qui fuit
Sur les eaux de la nuit
Comme au gré de l’amour, l’Enfant
Le nuage est au gré du vent.


The cloud travels with the wind
And the leaf with the stream
Your heart talks of time fleeing
On the waters of night
As with love, the Child
The cloud travels with the wind

Stay in my arms a bit longer
Someone will come and wake you
Talking of somewhere else and of love
He is all around
In your heart it's his footstep beating
Stay in my arms a bit longer

Rock me to sleep in your dream again
Your path is close by, outside
Your toys will remember our games
I will play with them
A star shines North
Rock me to sleep in your dream again

The cloud travels with the wind
And the leaf with the stream
Your heart talks of time fleeing
On the waters of night
As with love, the Child
The cloud travels with the wind

Listen to it here.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the line 'rock me to sleep in your dreams again'. I do Matilda Mae, I do x

    ReplyDelete