Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Spicy lamb stew with leftovers

Still having quite a bit of lamb left from our Easter roast I decided do to a sort of quick stew tonight, served with couscous. My children liked it so much that I thought I had to commit it to memory!

I tossed my pieces of lamb in a frying pan with a spoonful of olive oil and browned them for 5 mn.
I sprinkled with flour, then added just enough water to cover the meat. I flavoured with a cube of Oxo vegetable stock, two garlic cloves crushed with the flat of a knife, a thick slice of lemon, a teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg, some paprika, a dash of ketchup, salt.
I brought it to a boil and let it simmer for about 30-40 mn.

As I didn't plan to do a post about it I have no picture to show for it, just the empty pan, mark of its success!

No comments:

Post a Comment