Friday, 26 April 2013

Stones and sewers


 

At the moment DS goes to preschool on 5 half days, including two mornings in a setting at the school where most of the children will go. It's great as they can get familiar with the surroundings before going into year R.

It's on these mornings, on the way from the school setting, that DS reads the street signs, plays hide and seek, pick flowers, etc.

For this week photo I chose another one of his preschool mornings little habits: picking up stones and throwing them in the sewer. 

All these things that make our trip back home twice longer (!) I think I'm going to miss them next year when he is at school...



16 comments:

  1. I remember that...they really can make a short walk last a long time! Lovely photo, like the angle and how you've adjusted the colour:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It's a 10 mn walk on my own but it's taken us up to an hour to do it!!
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walks with children are always twice as long but twice the fun! Lovely photo and what a beautiful head of curly hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly is a lot of entertainment along the way!
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. So much like my wee man! He loves stones and sticking them in gaps, in puddles anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is also into stones and sewers. Sometimes sticks too. Love the curls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's not a boy thing then, just... a thing! They're funny little creatures :)

      Delete
  6. Brillinat photo and one that brings back memories of my own childhood too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :) Now that you talk about it... I think I did that too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Hope nothing precious had been lost down it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this photo! The childhood memories, the fun that I can see he is having, as well as the technical side - the composition of the photo is awesome! I love the angle of looking down from above at him!!

    Great Photo of The Week!!! Thank you for linking up XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I did feel a bit silly though, the postman was just behind us, waiting for someone and having nothing else to do than watch me taking pictures of my son, himself intent on emptying the residents driveways of their stones and throwing them down the drain! Errr... :)

      Delete
  10. Those curls!! I love how they notice every little thing along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. His 'booing' hair as he calls them! Oh yes, every single one...!

    ReplyDelete