Thursday, 2 May 2013

Sommeil




 
I have numerous pictures of DS while he's sleeping. 

He's got a certain talent for falling asleep anywhere and at any time. In the middle of the kitchen or the dining room, prostrated on the hard wooden floor, as if in prayer. Standing on the buggy board (I promise!). Half kneeling on a chair, half lying on a table. Hidden behind his curtains because he'd been told off and was sulking. Sitting on Daddy's shoulders and having to be deposited on a bench in Decathlon Paris 13 while Daddy was shopping for his bike (and Mummy looked after her little boy).

When I took this picture he had felt that sleep was coming and had thought wiser to lie down on the sofa first. But he still managed to get swept away into Morpheus' arms while eating his banana... So of course I had to take a picture of this.

When I told him the story of his day at bedtime and came to the part where he fell asleep on the sofa, he protested "No, I was watching the film!" Just like his grand father...


13 comments:

  1. I love photos of little ones sleeping, it's so cute the way he's still holding onto the banana. That'll be a great one to pull out when he's older. I have ones of my Teen in many weird sleeping positions and she gets really embarrassed when we take them out. hope you have a lovely long weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing could make him let go of his food!
      Yes we often think 'Oh we'll have to show him that when he's older' but we're so disorganised I don't know if we'll find them...!
      Hope you're enjoying the week end too x

      Delete
  2. Tee hee hee. Typical male! Why they can't admit that they've fallen asleep is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least this one doesn't snore ( as in opposition to his grand father!)

      Delete
  3. Aww kids can sleep anywhere can't they, I have a picture of my young son sleeping sitting in a bucket with his feet hanging out. Funny how males always insist they were watching tv lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo in the bucket must be very sweet!!
      Yes, especially when he told me before hand that he needed a rest!

      Delete
  4. Awww so cute - I love that he is still holding onto his banana! And yes what is this with males when they say they were either "just resting their eyes" or "I was watching TV"?

    Thank you for your kind words for B Lloyd this weekend, and as always thank you for linking up with Photo of The Week XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got quite a history of falling asleep with food and starting eating as soon as he wakes up :)
      I know! Do they imagine we've forgotten that we had to shake them up to wake them?!

      Aw, hope she's feeling a bit better, little sweetie! xx

      Delete
  5. Awww so cute - I love that he is still holding onto his banana! And yes what is this with males when they say they were either "just resting their eyes" or "I was watching TV"?

    Thank you for your kind words for B Lloyd this weekend, and as always thank you for linking up with Photo of The Week XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh they do look so sweet when they're sleeping, and this is especially lovely with the half munched banana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing beats a good sleeping picture - besides none moving subjects are easier to get in focus (for me anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I nearly said that in my post :)

      Delete